Questions and Answers
- Whilst the Ministry of Education require a 1:10 ratio for Young Children and 1:5 ratio for Infants, we at Elm Tree believe that quality care comes with lower ratios. We are 1:8 in the Fantail Room (2-5 year olds); and 1:4 in the Tui Room (3 months to 2 Years).
- A healthy morning tea, lunch, and afternoon made by our on-site chef.
A learning story journal.
Sunscreen, applied at 10am and 2pm over Summer.
- Nappies, bottles, and formula if necessary.
Approximately three changes of clothes.
Hats to suit the season.
- Our chef is happy to prepare meals that cater for your childs specific needs.
- Absolutely! Children benefit from outdoors play all year around, with coats and hats to keep them warm in Winter, and lightweight clothing and full brim sunhats for Summer.
- Our children gain all the skills necessary for starting school throughout their days at Elm Tree. Our philosophy is play-based learning, where numeracy, literacy, science, and social skills are woven into their every day fun and routines.
- You and your child will have a key teacher to help you to settle in. We often find that children unwittingly select their key teacher by immediately being drawn to them either through activities or personality.
- Elm Tree closes on Statutory days only.
- Yes, although you will have 15 days that you can take at 50% to use for holidays each year. Plus 5 sick days. You will need to let us know if you want us to allocate days for this purpose so we can accurately invoice you.